Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

junesoler

Frigidaire Laundry Center model #FGX831FS0

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys hoping someone can help me out.

My washer goes through all the cycle but when it gets to the spin cycle it will not spin and gave off smoke and an oder like burnt rubber.

So I turned off the machine opened the front lid and checked it, and it cycled through until it got to spin cycle and I looked at the motor and it was spinning yet the belt was not moving, the smoke came from right under the motor where the belt was.

So I replaced the motor and the belt yet it still did the same thing smoke and all. I also tested the voltage for the door and voltage stay lit the entire time.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

possibly some clothing caught between the Tub and the Basket

R0612082-00005.png

is that between #12 and 18 on the diagram above?

yes

I'm not a Master on that model,

OR could maybe be a bad Transmission ...

here is apic of the bottom of the transmission.

it just started working again, however its making a high-pitch shrieking noise when its on spin cycle.

Was i supposed to grease the cylinder that on the bottom of the motor where the belt goes?

i tried attaching pic i jsut took but not sure how to attach.

Manual is here - Inspect the holes in the tub closely to see if a nail/bra hook etc is caught in there. It may be necessary to remove the agitator and the inner tub

It's important not to get any grease or oil on the belt or any of the pulleys. I always clean the pulleys real good, wash and dry my hands, then take the belt out of the bag and install it. This belt is designed to have a certain amount of slip to allow the pump to get enough water out before the tub reaches spin speed.

It you have ruled out foriegn objects stuck in tub or basket, try turning the basket by hand. Remove the belt and turn the pulley manually to see if it turns in both directions.

My bet its either a foriegn object, or the idler pulley is tight.