Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
tpoindexter

LG refrigerator LFX25960ST FF error

10 posts in this topic

Customer called said they was getting this error. They had called LG which told them to unplug refrigerator for 4 hrs. then plug it back in and see if it went away. Long story short it did for about 5 minutes then was back. Wasn't cooling well. When I got there I found it unplugged. I plugged it in and checked for power to the freezer fan (dc voltage between the purple and yellow wires on Connector 7 at the board)and found none. Replaced the control board and fridge worked for 5 hrs before she called saying it worked fine until a few minutes ago when she was putting her food back in then when she shut the door the error was back. I said I come back tomorrow. I'm not sure what to do except check the board again and then start taking it apart and trying to locate a short. A manual would be helpful and any suggestions anyone may have.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You could still have a problem with the fan. As with the GE's, replacing fan motor with a new board is probably a good idea. And you may know what I'm gonna say next....always always always check your sensors/thermistors. Btw 4 or 5 hours may not be enough to thaw out fan motor if the kitchen is only 40 degrees. Did you put your peepers on the fan motor?

Edited by DurhamAppliance

Also I opened the freezer and made sure the light switch was working before checking the board.

I didn't look at the fan motor but I could feel it moving air after replacing the board. I left it unplugged while getting the board which took a couple days. It also made ice before the error started showing up again. I see a manual has been posted going to look at it awhile. I'll update after going there tomorrow.

Thanks all.

Here's what the manual shows for the error.

Need to do fan motor too. Water gets inside there and takes out the fan circuit in the board. This was my case with my LG "Er FF" code saga. You commented on my post earlier. You can go back to it and see how the situation resolved if you like.

When you do the motor, make sure you pull off the front and rear white rubber seats that support the motor in its casing. I missed the rear one and now have to go back to put it on. Dammit.

*Also, voltage readings are between blue and purple wires, called "V" and "G" wires. That reading should be between 12 and 16 volts dc. The voltage between yellow and purple wires, called "F" and "G" wires, will be between 1 and 4 volts dc.

Edited by Sunlight Appliance

Nice avatar.

Well she called back early this morning and said everything is working great. Has made several batches of ice and is chugging along. No need to come out, so, guess what, I'm not! But, don't have a fuzzy feeling yet. Hope I'm not adding to this post later. Thanks for the responses.

When you do the motor, make sure you pull off the front and rear white rubber seats that support the motor in its casing. I missed the rear one and now have to go back to put it on. Dammit.

But guess what? You have now become an expert on fan seats. That "extra trip" is how many things have become indelibly burned in my brain.