Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG refrigerator LFX25960ST FF error

LG refrigerator LFX25960ST FF

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Beamish

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Customer called said they was getting this error. They had called LG which told them to unplug refrigerator for 4 hrs. then plug it back in and see if it went away. Long story short it did for about 5 minutes then was back. Wasn't cooling well. When I got there I found it unplugged. I plugged it in and checked for power to the freezer fan (dc voltage between the purple and yellow wires on Connector 7 at the board)and found none. Replaced the control board and fridge worked for 5 hrs before she called saying it worked fine until a few minutes ago when she was putting her food back in then when she shut the door the error was back. I said I come back tomorrow. I'm not sure what to do except check the board again and then start taking it apart and trying to locate a short. A manual would be helpful and any suggestions anyone may have.

Test

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

http://appliantology...service-manual/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

You could still have a problem with the fan. As with the GE's, replacing fan motor with a new board is probably a good idea. And you may know what I'm gonna say next....always always always check your sensors/thermistors. Btw 4 or 5 hours may not be enough to thaw out fan motor if the kitchen is only 40 degrees. Did you put your peepers on the fan motor?

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 28 December 2012 - 09:18 PM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#4 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Also I opened the freezer and made sure the light switch was working before checking the board.

Test

#5 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

I didn't look at the fan motor but I could feel it moving air after replacing the board. I left it unplugged while getting the board which took a couple days. It also made ice before the error started showing up again. I see a manual has been posted going to look at it awhile. I'll update after going there tomorrow.

Thanks all.

Test

#6 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Here's what the manual shows for the error.

Test

#7 Sunlight Appliance

Sunlight Appliance

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:RAW MILK. Yes, you sissies, I really drink it.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

Need to do fan motor too. Water gets inside there and takes out the fan circuit in the board. This was my case with my LG "Er FF" code saga. You commented on my post earlier. You can go back to it and see how the situation resolved if you like.

When you do the motor, make sure you pull off the front and rear white rubber seats that support the motor in its casing. I missed the rear one and now have to go back to put it on. Dammit.

*Also, voltage readings are between blue and purple wires, called "V" and "G" wires. That reading should be between 12 and 16 volts dc. The voltage between yellow and purple wires, called "F" and "G" wires, will be between 1 and 4 volts dc.

Edited by Sunlight Appliance, 29 December 2012 - 04:29 AM.

STOP building government and START building business. :miner:

#8 Sunlight Appliance

Sunlight Appliance

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:RAW MILK. Yes, you sissies, I really drink it.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

Nice avatar.

STOP building government and START building business. :miner:

#9 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

Well she called back early this morning and said everything is working great. Has made several batches of ice and is chugging along. No need to come out, so, guess what, I'm not! But, don't have a fuzzy feeling yet. Hope I'm not adding to this post later. Thanks for the responses.

Test

#10 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

When you do the motor, make sure you pull off the front and rear white rubber seats that support the motor in its casing. I missed the rear one and now have to go back to put it on. Dammit.

But guess what? You have now become an expert on fan seats. That "extra trip" is how many things have become indelibly burned in my brain.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics