Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

K/M 110.25066500 hose replacement

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:28 AM

I got a k/m washer looks like a Calypso.......The recirculation hose runs from the bottom to the top of the spin basket....It is in between the spin basket and the tub, right rear corner..... The service manual L-67 does not indicate on the removal of this hose...The S/M states you can access from the bottom,............................... I gotta remove and replace with a new hose.........How is the bottom end of said hose attached?????...............Is it attached to the bottom of the tub or is the recirculation pump clamp holding it????...................Pulling the dome and the U-joint does not appeal to me....

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

These machines can be next to impossible to remove the baskets, they had pretty fine splines and a small flat surface for orientation. There is a lot of surface area contact between the basket and the spin tube. I think the combination of different metals, bleach, water, soap, and age bond the two together, you may have to distroy $700 in parts to get to that tube.

I have never had any reason to replace that tube, why are you removing it?

Nick

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#3 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

....On  the recirculation hose, ( the only end I looked at )  there is a tab on the top opposite the "snorkel' of the tube....The Tab "A" gets inserted into  Slot"B" on the tub...........Said tab became removed from said slot, resulting  in the hose getting worn thru by the basket................Large hole, same size as  the 'snorkel' hole....... ( Only 1/2 water flow out of the ' snorkel' onto the laundry)........ same side,  just lower and its flow splashes on the spin basket and some of the water will exit out of the Slot "B".................I used my super duty  Nashua..cold weather foil tape as a stop gap measure............I did not want to remove the U- joint............I, my self, have not replaced this exact part, ( the tube )  I found a good picture on a site and the lower connection looked like it could be removed thru the bottom hole on the tub..................  The tab will not stay in the slot.........the area around the worn area is dirty, slimy  and no room to work.......So I thought just to replace the tube, but now repairing it may be the best way...................... .

Edited by certified tech group 51, 30 December 2012 - 11:24 AM.

#4 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

For you CTG51

If I remember right, that hose just pushed in from the top, the tab locked into the tub slot is all that holds it in. You may be able to replace it without removing the basket.

I will make the journey to the artic wasteland that is my garage, and dig out the factory manual for a look.

Edited by nickfixit, 30 December 2012 - 11:41 AM.

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#5 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Iced tea with a spike of earl grey

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

The basket *does not* need to be removed.  Raise the top, take off the tub ring.  Release the tab on top of the recirc tube where it anchors to a slot at top of the outer tub, and pull the tube straight upwards to remove it.  Press the replacement tube down into place on the connector nipple/nubbie at bottom of the tub, anchor the tab.  Reassemble the tub ring and machine top.

#6 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Thought I would finish this post.........

DSCF1827.jpg 

Hose barb in the tub.Just wiggle, twist and lift,  pops right off...........Sprits on some Windex, align spout and wiggle and push down...........pops right in..................This was the hardest part......

DSCF1834.jpg

..........Getting the 'nib' / 'protrusion'   all the way into the slot and engage retaining hooks...................More  Windex and work / pull  the hooks into the slot...........

#7 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Nice work !    nice, clean machine - any I've seen are caked with lint and gook inside

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#8 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Great pictures! I've never seen one that clean, did you or the customer clean it up?

A tip... To clean the tub and outer basket without pulling the basket out, get youself a toilet brush. Fill it with hot water, add some cascade and bleach, and scrub away

Nick

#9 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Iced tea with a spike of earl grey

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

My Calypso that I bought at a garage sale, refurbished (it was kinda nasty), and have been using for 4-1/2 years is in very clean condition ... but I know how to use it properly.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Replacing the Recirculation Hose in a Whirlpool Calypso Washer

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 31 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

If you need to replace the recirculation hose (recirculates water inside the tub) in a Whirlpool Coll-apso washer, you'll be relieved to know that you don't have to remove the inner basket to do so.This page from the service manual shows where the location of the recirc hose and explains its function:http://appliantology.org/files/file/492-recirculation-a...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics