Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vincef

Jenn Air slide in downdraft JES9800BAS odd problem with Touchpad.

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I went out on a Jenn Air downdraft slide in range today and am a little perplexed.

Got there and touch pad is dead to the touch.. Flipped breaker, waited a few secs

flipped it back on then touch pad would accept functions and touching oven light went on immediately

as powewre went on. started programming control after 1 minute light in oven goes off and touch pad is unresponsive

but clock stays set. Burners work fine so it's all in the control or touch panel. I put a new board in

and have the same problem. Looking at schematic packed in range nothing is inline between pad and control

Instinct says change touchpad but it works fine for 60 seconds. Doen anyone know if there is a syncing

that has to happen like on GE Profile dishwashers? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

VinceF

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I wouldn't think a bad Touchpad could cause those symptoms ..

It looks like the Controller is directly powered at the P2-1 to P2-3

Looking at the wiring diagram, it doesnt seem like anything would kill power to

the touch pad. I'm going to need a service manual for this range, visually considerably different than the

JES9800AAS, which has a manual posted already. I'm going to put a manual request up

in that forum.

Thanks

Vince

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0