Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

rolandvz71

110.24642300 Kenmore Automatic washer

5 posts in this topic

ok running down a softener dispenser and I know I have the model # and all ---but I have found another one that looks just like it.....price is different so trying to save some $$ here. I know that some times parts to cross-ref each other.

So my questions is are these 2 parts one in the same?

8533252 & 8528278

post-52397-0-44179500-1356971847_thumb.j

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

from AppliancePartsPros Q&A

for Model Number 110.24904200 < newer model

Owners Manual says the <newer / cheaper> FABRIC SOFTENER DISPENSER

(part # 8528278) should have a "BLUE" LOCKING RING

which is not referenced or pictured with the replacement part information.

Please let me know if the locking ring comes withe the dispenser or has to be order separately?

Answer: at one point there were two different softner dispensers.

Apparently the manufacturer has substituted the dispenser with the locking ring to the dispenser without the locking ring.

Read more:
Part number: 8528278

Part number: 8528278

Wow this little booger starting to test me!

I did not have a locking ring, but who's to say there should be one there. This machine was saved from salvage all it had was a bad clutch, but looks like now I have a softer dispenser issue. I have no idea if it needs a locking ring or not. All I do know is the one that came w/the washer has a broken tab that appears like it will not stay in place due to the tab being broken.

Looks like I might have to just replace w/a simple cap....no softener dispenser.

the "newer" models require the Locking Ring (included with the "newer" / cheaper Dispenser)

May not be required to install the new Locking Ring on your "older" model...

For only $ 7, may be able to purchase at local appliance parts store and try it /compare it and or return it ...

Let us know