Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool LSW9245EQ agitator - basket misalignment

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gayle2c

gayle2c

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

My laundry is being shredded.  Not the dryer - the latest victims are table linens that have only gone through a soak and a wash cycle. 

There is an uneven gap between the bottom of the agitator and the inner basket.  Looking from the front of the washer, I have a 3/8" gap at 9:00 and a 3/4" gap at 3:00. 

When I remove the agitator, rotate it, and replace it onto the agitator shaft, the larger 3/4" gap remains at 3:00.

The washer agitates and spins as it should.  No alarming noises or leaks. 

Tho it seemed to me that it was an alignment problem, I started on the inside of the basket first.  The bottom of the agitator isn't warped; when I remove it, it's level and circular.  I've cleaned all the soap deposits on the agitator shaft and inner basket.  The 4 "buttons" on the shaft move freely in and out.

Once I remove the cabinet, where do I start looking? 

Thanks. 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

Get more info here and pay close attention to the drive block

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,365 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

Part link for the drive block ==> http://www.repaircli...ock/389140/2858

1192074127_pAkFh-M.png

#4 gayle2c

gayle2c

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

Thank you both.  I'm traveling and will try this when I get back.

#5 gayle2c

gayle2c

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

So...I replaced the drive block, and replaced the agitator dogs while I was at it.  Still out of alignment - same gap, same place. 

But, I noticed that there was quite a bit of rust on one side of the agitator shaft.  I sanded it down, and the problem was fixed, albeit temporarily.  I know the agitator shaft and I guess the complete gearcase will need to be replaced next.  Hubby says no - get a new washer.  I say we'll see.  There's nothing on the market that I really want. 

Thanks.

#6 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

FIX IT! This washer will still outlast any of the new washers on the market today.

Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics