Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

The leg bone connects to the hip bone, the blue wire off tab 4 connects to . . .?

GE XL44 Spectra JGBP79MEF2BC

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 GrumpyTerrier

GrumpyTerrier

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Stella Artois

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

What have I been doing New Year's Eve?

Lemme tell ya: I've been looking for wiring schematics for a GE Spectra XL44 (model #JGBP79MEF2BC) gas range. Since it seems that locating those would be akin to finding a unicorn, I figured I'd just ask someone what it is I need to know.

We recently went through an involuntary kitchen remodel when our piping went and life got ugly. We pulled our appliances and stored them, covered, in the garage for the duration. Upon reconnection, things went from bad to worse. We may have beaten the 10-year-old Bosch dishwasher into submission, but the GE gas range is still an issue. We've figured out that, after it was infested by rats, we needed to (1) scrub the beejezus out of it with bleach-based cleaning products, and (2) replace the left and right front burner tubes.

However, in his cleaning enthusiasm, my husband and one of his buddies disconnected all kinds of things but didn't bother to notice where they reconnect. We've gotten nearly everything back together except for one thing. There's a blue wire that connects at tab 4 on the control panel, runs down the back of the stove through a connector (extension) and then is supposed to terminate . . . where? My husband claims this loose end isn't his fault and that the dog ripped the wire out of something, but I'm not buying it. He blames other things on the dog that I'm sure are his fault, too, if you know what I mean.

So, here's what I'd like to know, if anyone can help:

1. Where does the blue wire want to terminate?

2. Is it responsible for or part of a larger assembly?

3. Does anyone have a wiring schematic for this model of range?

4. Is there a diagram or photograph of how the wire connects up and what it connects to?

5. Does anyone have a foolproof way for killing rats?

Please . . . help me to start the new year right.

:woohoo:

Thank you!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 GrumpyTerrier

GrumpyTerrier

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

Good lord . . . my thread topic title should have included the word "connects", not "coonts". "Coonts" sounds like something my mother would wash my mouth out with soap for saying. Suffice to say, I can't find an edit button, or I'd correct my own seeming potty-finger accident before anyone sees it. Good thing it's still only 2012. If it were already 2013, I'd say I was doomed for another year.

#3 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Beamish

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

I don't know how to get it to you on here, but, give me an e=mail address and I'll send it to you.

Test

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

Topic title edited ...

which TAB ?

# 4 on the Black 7-pin Connector ?

http://appliantology...4-jgbp-31-9008/

00981540.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Hope this helps, from GE webstie. Blue = N, Broil.

Attached Files

Edited by Chat_in_FL, 01 January 2013 - 09:42 AM.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#6 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

Another page from mini manual:

Attached Files

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#7 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

... Blue = N, Broil.

I thought so, too, at first, but

"runs down the back of the stove through a connector (extension)"

Broil ?

#8 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

I thought so, too, at first, but

"runs down the back of the stove through a connector (extension)"

Broil ?

Stays blue through connector E4, But if the connector he's talking about is for the broil ignitor, it changes to white at "B1" for the ignitor... Not sure about wording "terminate"

Mother Teresa

Big Brother

#9 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

my concern was, "runs down the back of the stove" ?

#10 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

my concern was, "runs down the back of the stove" ?

? Got me ?

Mother Teresa

Big Brother

#11 GrumpyTerrier

GrumpyTerrier

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

OK, let me see if I can clarify - when I said "runs down the back of the stove", that's me interpreting the guy who is working on it. What I can confirm is that the wire starts at tab 4 on the control panel, goes to another plastic connect "thingy" (my technical term for it), and then a wire comes out of the "thingy" and we don't know what that wire connects to (that connection is what I'm calling a "termination point" - meaning the wire connects to something and terminates at that point). I'm thinking the broiler connection is probably right.

The thumbnails Chat has provided are looking helpful. I was trying to find a copy of that wiring mini manual but couldn't locate it anywhere.

If there are additional/larger files that would help, my email is grumpyterrier@gmail.com.

Thank you!

#12 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Does the Broil Ignitor have any wires on it now ?

#13 GrumpyTerrier

GrumpyTerrier

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

I will have to investigate that one, RegUS. Anything else I should check if I'm going in (or sending one of the boys in after it)?

Thanks.

#14 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

Stays blue through connector E4 ("thingy"1), But if the connector he's talking about is for the broil ignitor, it changes to white at "B1" ("thingy"2) for the ignitor...

:wink:

Mother Teresa

Big Brother

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics