Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Ipad 2 for Service Manuals

Ipad 2 for Service Manuals

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Beamish

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

I have a ipad 2 that I like using on service calls because of it's size. I use it to google problems and to log into a sight that has limited service manuals.

1 problem I'm running into is I need to be able to access more manuals quickly from my ipad. I have manuals on my laptop which I don't like to carry on the truck, I  have more manuals on my desktop. What I'd really like to do it get them all together and be able to access them all from my Ipad without having to spend alot of money.

Also, I can't set up files like I can on a normal pc. I'd like to have a folder that says, Manuals that you open and has sub folders that I can labels for different manual types.

The bottom lines is I don't know what I need to get there or even if it's possible.

So... was hoping someone alittle more computer savvy could tell me what I needed, or just easier to carry the laptop along with the ipad. Wish ipad just has a usb port you could plug into it. Then I could plug storage device into it.

Test

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,073 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

Dropbox your manuals and Evernote posts and other web info you find useful. I have my dropbox folders organized by manufacturer. With evernote you can search by content. I pull up a manual from dropbox to find, let's say GE thermistor testing ....scroll to the page I need or search evernote for "thermistor test" and voila, there's a post I saved from one of the great masters here walking me through the procedure. Just in case I wind up at a customer's house where I can't receive the internet, I download the info from dropbox and save evernote info for offline reading the night before I go to a repair. And best of all, they are either free or very inexpensive if need lots of gigs.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 01 January 2013 - 11:53 PM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Chief, I really appreciate this info. I'll start on this right away.

Test

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

You could always grab what you need from the Potluck Supper on this site

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

I just want to update you guys and tell ya this was exactly the information I needed and it's working great!!

Test

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics