Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
SANTA

SAMSUNG DRYER MODEL #DV219AEW/XAA

7 posts in this topic

My Samsung belts didn't come today. I need one in the morning. Does anyone know if there is a substitute for a 6602-001655. I've done this before but I had to take belts out of bags to get the right length. If I could get just the length of that Samsung belt it would be helpful.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Before i carried the Samsung belt i have used a Maytag(fsp) belt, forget what the part number is though.  It may have been for the Samsung built Maytag dryer.

The following DRUM BELT part numbers are good:

SAMSUNG: 6602-001314

WHIRLPOOL: W10205415

This part number *may* work as well:

MAYTAG: 35001137

Also...

If the DRUM BELT slipped off the MOTOR PULLEY---check the diameter of the Motor Pulley with a 22mm & 27mm socket.

If the Motor Pulley is 22mm---this was replaced with a larger 27mm pulley---to prevent the BELT from slipping off the pulley if the drum is rotated/turned (by hand) counter-clockwise.

27mm PULLEY: DC81-00220A 

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man
Added belt part links.

Thanks John. I guess I came up with the wrong part #. I read about the pulley problem and plan to check it out. The belt # I listed, 6602-001655. Is that an obsolete # or for a different model? Looks like I'll have 2 of those in stock. Did you notice the outrageous price for the Whirlpool belt?

The 6602-001655 belt replaces the 6602-001314 belt (becomes frayed/damaged). But if you have one---can be used until the newer/Goodyear-made belt arrives.

Yes--crazy.

Whirlpool has adopted GEs astronomical replacement parts price structure.

I hope others don't follow suit.

<<< I matched it up to a Whirlpool #40111201>>>

Good to know :)