Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

fav6800aww Hate to even ask

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Skiter29

Skiter29

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Got this one to work on customer just got it handed down to her from her parents she says that its getting unbalance which she hasent witnessed but that was the problem when parents had it they have replaced the unbalnce sensor before but thats what it sounds like if she has a full load it works fine if she has a small load it goes thru the wash fine gets almost thru the rinse then stops half full of water any thoughts

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Some insight here: http://appliantology...fav#entry100969

and here: http://appliantology...+tl#entry185471

and so on ....   http://appliantology...hl=+neptune +tl

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 mark mac

mark mac

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

washer needs a new clutch assembly, machine is famous for bad clutches

Clutch assembly ==> http://www.repaircli...mber=FAV6800AWW

Clutch-12002211-01117051.jpg

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 13 January 2013 - 03:55 PM.
Added part link to clutch.

#4 Skiter29

Skiter29

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

heres what i found i checked out the sensor and went thru diqanostics and it checked good i did turn the tub one way freely and when i reversed it it did lock up not sure if that was correct and the customer was NOT using HE soap any suggestions

#5 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

She must use HE detergent if she wants the clothes to be clean, and to prevent the washer from forming it's own grud based eco-system. That machine is not one that will perform with a real small load. Tell her medium to large loads of similer weight items. Make sure it's level and all four legs have equal weight on them. Clean/sand the bottom of the feet, and also the floor under them to prevent any "skating". 

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#6 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Iced tea with a spike of earl grey

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

That machine is not one that will perform with a real small load. Tell her medium to large loads of similer weight items.

I have an FAV6800, more for curiosity than for use as my primary washer, although I did use it as my "daily driver" for about 6 months (until the clutch went bad, repaired under warranty).  Anyway, I once ran a load of 21 (twenty-one) oxford/button-down shirts.  I watched (with the top raised) through the entire wash period and the load did not roll-over even once.  The fabric-weight wasn't heavy enough, even with that many items involved, for the tumbler discs to get a grip on them.  Being as the lid locks through the entire cycle and by-passing the lock/sensor is not something a typical consumer would do, users of the machine have no clue how crippled the Neppy TL's action can be in some instances.  A load of towels, jeans, sweatsuits, or other such heavier / cotton items washes OK.

#7 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

It's a weird machine. The parts are getting more expensive, so they are slowly making their way into extinction. Thank God!

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#8 Skiter29

Skiter29

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

i went back to customer house clutch looked ok so i called the whrilpool tech line and he walked me thru some test and he determind that it was a bad board funny thing is this control board is no longer avaible but my parts distrbuter still had 6 on hand but i talked the customer to buy a new machine she agreed

#9 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Back when I worked for Maytag Factory Service we called these Neptune TL's  the orange juicer or the clothes shredder.

Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics