Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

AlexM

Maytag Epic-Z Washer-MHWZ400TQ01, Mystery Noise

5 posts in this topic

The customer says this noise has been present for the last year.  She says it present during spin cycle.  I got it to do it one time at low spin/drain cycle with the dryer on top.  I removed the front quarter panel, that was loosly attached and the dryer on top.  With the lid off I couldn't replicate the noise at low speed spin or high speed spin.  The drain pump seems exceptionally loud, but maybe because i had the machine opened up?  All the struts and springs seem fine.  The only thing I can figure is the drum supports are slowly falling apart?  It doesn't make the clunking noise like I have seen on videos.  The machine is otherwise healthy.  Any ideas what I should be looking for?  Thanks. 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

post a YouTube video of the noise ... ?

Thought of that, but when i was ready to take video, the stupid thing wouldn't make the noise. Plus i need to get up to speed on how to post stuff to YouTube.

When you were trying to catch it in the act did it have a load of clothes in it?

Yes, large load.