Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LSN1000kq0

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 appmed1

appmed1

Yamabushi

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:burning skye

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

The customer was complaining about vibration. I took it apart and found a lot of oil on the clutch. The spin tube has some grooves about six -eight inches from the  end that are deeper than any I've seen previously. The ears on it are good. I stuck my finger down the drive tube and discovered that the spacer has a ridge on the inside like one gets when he cuts a piece of pipe with tubing cutters. I leveled the machine, but did not get rid of the vibration. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 vee8power

vee8power

Kohai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Folgers

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Sounds to me like the bearings in the tub support are bad. I don't think it's practical to replace them. The whole support is available:

http://www.repaircli.../280184/1200161

How is the drive block, the part that engages the ears?

You may also need a new basket drive and tub seal.

In addition, the transmission could also be leaking oil. Does the machine neutral drain? May need transmission work too. Is there a line of oil around the inside of the cabinet? Pictures would help.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,671 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

1192074127_pAkFh-M.png

#4 jb8103

jb8103

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Ginger ale

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

I think the Samurai is saying: "Check yer drive block"; but still, I have to ask, in what cycle does this vibration manifest its unholy self?

First, do no harm.

#5 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

Replace the suspension pads, part 285744, and the clutch. Add a thin coat of grease on the spin tube. Clean the floor of any oil, soap, or softener residue. Then, clean and sand the bottoms of the 4 feet and level the machine. This should make the machine behave in the spin cycle, and get rid of any "skating" problems..

I also tighten the fit of the cabinet to the base. With the case off, I put something about 2 inches thick under the side rails of the base midway between the front and rear legs. Then I push down on the base to bend the rails up in the middle. Then I use my foot to bend the front rail down about 1/2 inch. Now, when you put the cabinet back on, you will have positive pressure between the base and cabinet. This really cuts down on the noise during the spin cycle, and the customer sees a real difference in the "before and after" repair performance.

Nick

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#6 appmed1

appmed1

Yamabushi

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:burning skye

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Thanks for all your help. Two of the suspension or base support pads were gone.(285744) I honestly didn't know they existed. 

Tub suspension pads ==> http://www.repaircli...Pad/285744/2978

Tub-Wear-Pad-285744-00928634.jpg

Thanks again.

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 10 January 2013 - 08:37 AM.
Added part link and repair video.

#7 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Hey wait a minute, I was robbed!  I believe I said "replace the suspension pads, part 285744"

Did you do any of the other stuff I listed?

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,671 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Hey wait a minute, I was robbed!  I believe I said "replace the suspension pads, part 285744"

You did indeed, Brother nick!

Replace the suspension pads, part 285744, and the clutch. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics