Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

arturo7

Programming Maytag Fridge

64 posts in this topic

may have to post YouTube video of your programing sequence attempt

This is the best way for you to get help at this point.

Edited by tpoindexter

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I would suggest testing all your thermistors first....that may not be your problem, although there is not much left other than incorrect testing sequence.  On second thought, if you only have two thermistors, you can change them quickly without testing and you won't lose much money or time

check out this video...it is a ge so the.only part of interest to you would be the ending where he shows you a simple way to replace thermistors.  

This is the best way for you to get help at this point.

I think the best way would be for someone to post a video of the correct procedure. I don't have a youtube account.

Edited by arturo7

I don't have a youtube account.

Create a FREE YouTube account here

1 person likes this

2 people like this

Create a FREE YouTube account here

Again, it would be much more beneficial for me to see a video of the procedure done right than for you guys to see me doing it wrong, if that is the case. I've read the directions over and over. If I'm doing it wrong, with all due respect to the members of this board, more reading won't help. 

not many (or maybe none) of us may have that model Fridge / Controller ...

not many (or maybe none) of us may have that model Fridge / Controller ...

And when we are repairing it for a customer, we are usually alone and doing the keypad "dance " while holding a camera is next to impossible.

Again, it would be much more beneficial for me to see a video of the procedure done right

We don't have a video

than for you guys to see me doing it wrong,

If we could see how you are doing it, would be easier to correct it, if we saw something being done incorrectly

if that is the case. I've read the directions over and over.

Sometimes even if you've done it before you still can have problems

If I'm doing it wrong, with all due respect to the members of this board, more reading won't help. 

Correct. More reading of the SAME instructions, and, more doing it the same way isn't going to get you anywhere.

But, a video of what your currently doing would be helpful in correcting (if there is any) errors.

You may be ask to trying it differently than the way your currently reading it.

I can't tell you have many times I have followed the directions exactly with bad results only to find out later I was doing it just slightly off, or, that the instructions weren't exactly right.

Then again, sometimes the 12th time is the charm!!

1 person likes this

We don't have a video

Standby, working on that...

Video I made just for you, arturo.  You can thank me later.   :beermug:

How to Put the Jazz Control Board into Service Mode in Maytag, Jenn-Air, Amana Refrigerators

4 people like this

nice video, :whistling:

although OP needs the Programming Mode

on his Fridge that uses the UTAH Board with dual triple-digit displays

16025983.pdf

2 people like this

D'OH!

th_homer-doh-square.jpg

I have to fall on my sword for i called it the "jazz board." I forgot that particular and rare version is called Utah. I should have remembered from a question I posted a few years back regarding the designer and whether his board naming inspiration came from the NBA Utah Jazz basketball team.

But since i posted the correct part number and picture, I will only fall on my sword and let it enter only the first half of my body . And since the Samurai made such a great and needed video, he gets to push pass the first half and only let the sword enter the second half of his body. Yeah i know seppuku ie hari kari, but that great honor was mainly reserved for the Samurai class.