Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Squeeky GE Profile gas dryer model #DPXH46GF

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 omgdave

omgdave

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Reed's Extra Ginger Brew

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

The title says it- my dryer squeeks as the drum make a revolution. Squeek pause, squeek pause. What are the lube points for this dryer or what could be wearing/worn? we bought this in 05-06 so it has seen good use.

Thank you,

Dave

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Your rear drum bearing kit # WE25X10001 needs replacing.

#3 KCTBURY

KCTBURY

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coke

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Sometimes it may be the idler assembly. The drum bearing is the most likely culprit though, as jumptrout stated. You may want to pull the drum out and inspect it. You may just need the drum bearing part listed below.  While you are in there you might want replace the gas coils as preventative maintenance.   

http://www.repaircli...1X10218/1168451

Rear drum bearing kit

http://www.repaircli...25X10001/771336

Drum bearing

www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drum-Bearing/WE3X70/276403

#4 omgdave

omgdave

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Thank you both. I have done an idler on another dryer and can't imagine a bearing taking much more time. The gas coils are my next question. I didn't see anything called exactly that in the parts list.

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

... The gas coils are my next question. I didn't see anything called exactly that in the parts list.

part of the Gas Valve Assembly
http://repairclinic....sp?R=154&N=3449

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#6 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

You could use this kit and get more parts for less money.http://www.repaircli...4461262/1261075

#7 vee8power

vee8power

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Folgers

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

Looking at the parts breakdown for that model, it looks to me like the correct maintenance kit for your dryer is this one

http://www.repaircli...4457724/1198622

Notice in the picture that the upper felt does not have the three plastic glides. That's because the plastic glide on your dryer is attached to the drum, it is the newer design.

The 5304461262 mentioned above is for the older design, with no plastic glide on the front of the drum.

Another thing worth noting is that this is a GE brand dryer but it is built by Frigidaire. The part #'s for the kits are Frigidaire numbers. You won't find them on the parts breakdown for a GE.

Knowing how parts interchange is one way us professionals can save our customers, and our fellow forum members, some dough.

BTW... gas coils... Whirlpool, GE, an Frigidaire all have part numbers for exactly the same part. Guess which one is Generally  most Expensive

#8 omgdave

omgdave

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

Ok, a report on the repair process:

Looking at the parts breakdown for that model, it looks to me like the correct maintenance kit for your dryer is this one

http://www.repaircli...4457724/1198622

This was the correct parts package to order. Installing the parts was one of the easiest repairs I have ever done. Faucet stem washers and seats have taken more time that this! The video attached to the Part # was clear and easy to follow, with one very minor quibble: on my dryers original idler arm is a screw which looks to be used as a safety if the belt ever breaks. It was not mentioned in the instructions, but you would have to be brain-dead and blind to not see it is a required piece to be moved to the new arm.
Thanks again for all the help
Dave

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,202 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

Awesome!  Domo for posting the followup report, Dave!   :thumbsup:  :thanks:

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Maintenance Kit for the Newer-Style Frigidaire-built Dryer (also sold under the GE brand)

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 26 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

One of the little secrets in the appliance manufacturing world is that the manufacturers will often build appliances for each other. One example of this is certain models of GE dryers are actually built by Frigidaire but sold under the GE label.

There are two maintenance kits out there for Frigidaire-built dryers:

- part number 5304461262 for the older-...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics