Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot using schematics like a real tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
omgdave

Squeeky GE Profile gas dryer model #DPXH46GF

9 posts in this topic

The title says it- my dryer squeeks as the drum make a revolution. Squeek pause, squeek pause. What are the lube points for this dryer or what could be wearing/worn? we bought this in 05-06 so it has seen good use.

Thank you,

Dave

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Your rear drum bearing kit # WE25X10001 needs replacing.

Sometimes it may be the idler assembly. The drum bearing is the most likely culprit though, as jumptrout stated. You may want to pull the drum out and inspect it. You may just need the drum bearing part listed below.  While you are in there you might want replace the gas coils as preventative maintenance.   

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Idler-Assembly/WE01X10218/1168451

Rear drum bearing kit

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drum-Bearing/WE25X10001/771336

Drum bearing

www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drum-Bearing/WE3X70/276403

Thank you both. I have done an idler on another dryer and can't imagine a bearing taking much more time. The gas coils are my next question. I didn't see anything called exactly that in the parts list.

Looking at the parts breakdown for that model, it looks to me like the correct maintenance kit for your dryer is this one

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Maintenance-Kit/5304457724/1198622

Notice in the picture that the upper felt does not have the three plastic glides. That's because the plastic glide on your dryer is attached to the drum, it is the newer design.

The 5304461262 mentioned above is for the older design, with no plastic glide on the front of the drum.

Another thing worth noting is that this is a GE brand dryer but it is built by Frigidaire. The part #'s for the kits are Frigidaire numbers. You won't find them on the parts breakdown for a GE.

Knowing how parts interchange is one way us professionals can save our customers, and our fellow forum members, some dough.

BTW... gas coils... Whirlpool, GE, an Frigidaire all have part numbers for exactly the same part. Guess which one is Generally  most Expensive

Ok, a report on the repair process:

Looking at the parts breakdown for that model, it looks to me like the correct maintenance kit for your dryer is this one

http://www.repaircli...4457724/1198622

This was the correct parts package to order. Installing the parts was one of the easiest repairs I have ever done. Faucet stem washers and seats have taken more time that this! The video attached to the Part # was clear and easy to follow, with one very minor quibble: on my dryers original idler arm is a screw which looks to be used as a safety if the belt ever breaks. It was not mentioned in the instructions, but you would have to be brain-dead and blind to not see it is a required piece to be moved to the new arm.
Thanks again for all the help
Dave

Awesome!  Domo for posting the followup report, Dave!   :thumbsup:  :thanks: