Customer had previously had a broken handle on this unit. Came into the store, bought a replacement handle and then called 2 months later to say the new handle wasn't working either.
Put the unit into its component test and it failed on the wash motor. Had 3.6 ohms at the motor and 15.5 microfarads on the capacitor. The blue wire -- common was showing 108 volts, but the red wire, which looks like it has the start windings, did not show more than 3 volts on my meter.
The tech sheet is pretty specific -- if the motor doesn't start, replace the motor. However, the black rubber inside the unit has peeled away from the door liner right where it sat under the vent. I've got a lot of evidence of detergent laden vapor condensing inside the door there.
So on the one hand, I have experience saying "control boards go bad when they get moist" and on the other, the techline saying the motor is more probably at fault. Anyone have ideas on this?