Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

aasnowskate

wt5001c grinding noise in spin

6 posts in this topic

Had customer call about grinding noise in spin cycle.  Also clothes not wrung out enough because tub not spinning fast enough.

LG top load washer.

M# WT5001C

I looked up the tech manual at Appliantology.org (thanks) and it is a direct drive. 

Just wondering if anyone had encountered this problem.  And wanted to know if it is a complete tear down to replace the coupling?  What is the best way to go about taking that apart.  It also looked as if a coin or nail could get down under the "puls" plate.  I am guessing it is called that. There was no parts list in the tech manual. 

Thanks for any help.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... wanted to know if it is a complete tear down to replace the coupling?

not like a typical Whirlpool Top Loader w /Coupling ...

F1010056-00003.png

Have you come across this problem before?  Should I look toward the coupling as the problem?  I am guessing I access this from the back and pull it apart from the bottom up.

Similar issue here

not a bad job u need a 38mm socket to remove  basket nut, regular threads, replace k-170 comes as a whole unit ,once u get basket out.everything drops from underneath should take 1 to 1/2 hrs