Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
SANTA

Maytag Electric Oven Model #MER7662WB

3 posts in this topic

I went on this blind call today for a "not heating to temp in the bake cycle" problem. I knew it was a hidden element but wasn't sure how to get to it. After raising the top, removing the back panel and the side panel I finally discovered the bake element terminals. Long story short, the element was good and the main control was faulty. I didn't have time to figure out how to get the element out if I ever have to replace one. I need instructions please. 

I'll bet the engineers of this "ForbHidden" element design are sitting in a dimly lit room giggling and swilling Satori whiskey.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Betcha that's the last blind call you'll do for a while, Lol! Luckily when I faced one of these for the first time, it was in my shop. Here is how I became an "expert" on the subject (thanks once again to the great masters found on this site) http://appliantology.org/topic/39568-changing-a-hidden-bake-element-in-maytag-mer7662ww1-oven/

Edited by DurhamAppliance

Thanks, I thought I had read about that before, couldn't find it. Isn't there a bracket that holds the element in place? I'm going to go through my K/A-WP manuals and find the match. This is a 2010 model and there's no manual for it at Servicematters Maytag library. If you look at the diagram of this oven it shows a standard shaped element.