Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

SANTA

Maytag Electric Oven Model #MER7662WB

3 posts in this topic

I went on this blind call today for a "not heating to temp in the bake cycle" problem. I knew it was a hidden element but wasn't sure how to get to it. After raising the top, removing the back panel and the side panel I finally discovered the bake element terminals. Long story short, the element was good and the main control was faulty. I didn't have time to figure out how to get the element out if I ever have to replace one. I need instructions please. 

I'll bet the engineers of this "ForbHidden" element design are sitting in a dimly lit room giggling and swilling Satori whiskey.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Betcha that's the last blind call you'll do for a while, Lol! Luckily when I faced one of these for the first time, it was in my shop. Here is how I became an "expert" on the subject (thanks once again to the great masters found on this site) http://appliantology.org/topic/39568-changing-a-hidden-bake-element-in-maytag-mer7662ww1-oven/

Edited by DurhamAppliance

Thanks, I thought I had read about that before, couldn't find it. Isn't there a bracket that holds the element in place? I'm going to go through my K/A-WP manuals and find the match. This is a 2010 model and there's no manual for it at Servicematters Maytag library. If you look at the diagram of this oven it shows a standard shaped element.