Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Electric Oven Model #MER7662WB

ForbHidden Element

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

I went on this blind call today for a "not heating to temp in the bake cycle" problem. I knew it was a hidden element but wasn't sure how to get to it. After raising the top, removing the back panel and the side panel I finally discovered the bake element terminals. Long story short, the element was good and the main control was faulty. I didn't have time to figure out how to get the element out if I ever have to replace one. I need instructions please. 

I'll bet the engineers of this "ForbHidden" element design are sitting in a dimly lit room giggling and swilling Satori whiskey.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,104 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

Betcha that's the last blind call you'll do for a while, Lol! Luckily when I faced one of these for the first time, it was in my shop. Here is how I became an "expert" on the subject (thanks once again to the great masters found on this site) http://appliantology...er7662ww1-oven/

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 09 January 2013 - 05:15 AM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Thanks, I thought I had read about that before, couldn't find it. Isn't there a bracket that holds the element in place? I'm going to go through my K/A-WP manuals and find the match. This is a 2010 model and there's no manual for it at Servicematters Maytag library. If you look at the diagram of this oven it shows a standard shaped element.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics