Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Refrigerator HSS25GFTA-BB, No Water At Door Dispenser

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Root Beer

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

O.K. so i put a new water valve in and got water to flow to the quick connect at the door hinge area.  I don't know if there is check valve in the door, doesn't seem like it.  Probably a bad idea but I shoved some wire up the tube and it stopped near where the tube would have to ninty out to the front.  Both ways the wire stops at that location.  I then proceded to blow compressed air (125psi) through the water line from the front, and water started coming out of the bottom of the door some where.  Is the line broke inside? did i break it? can it be replaced by pulling a new water line through the door?  By the way, the water valve was not the problem and the ice maker works fine, lots of ice. 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

line may have been frozen ..

that's a lot of pressure ..

may be broken, now

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Presume it was froze, how do you fix that?

Presume I broke the line, is there a way to pull new tubing through? 

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,202 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

The fundamental problem is that the door insulation is too thin and so the tube freezes.  You may or may not have brokem the tubing but there is a repair technique.  Brother appl.tech.29501 put together a nice pictorial showing how to repair these boogars.  ==> http://fixitnow.com/...e-refrigerator/

#5 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

I just can't help but ask more questions.  I looked at the repair, how does replacing 12" on the end fix the line if its jacked up in the middle or top, and does that fix prevent it from freezing in the future?

#6 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

I found a Heater Kit for frozen water line in door...Part Number WR49X10173, would that work in this case?  and what wires would I splice too, i assume something that has constant voltage at the door?

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,202 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Did you read the linked document?  You're replacing the entire length of tubing using appl.tech's genuine, patented, and original  Sleeving Technique™ !  

Heater kit may help in the future.   This post has instamallation destructions ==> http://appliantology...er-in-the-tube/

#8 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

... Did you read the linked document?  

... You're replacing the entire length of tubing using appl.tech's genuine, patented, and original  Sleeving Technique™ !

I also read it and didn't seem to see it ...

Looks like maybe just repairing the water connection near the bottom (hinge) of the Freezer Door

I remember CTG's repair technique using copper tubing to replace a Freezer Door wire harness

http://appliantology...r-display-dead/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,202 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

I also read it and didn't seem to see it ...

Looks like maybe just repairing the water connection near the bottom (hinge) of the Freezer Door

I remember CTG's repair technique using copper tubing to replace a Freezer Door wire harness

http://appliantology...r-display-dead/

Uh, yeah, that's what I meant to say.  It was my crazy cat who wrote that other post...

8a0a21c1f5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics