Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

herfdog

KSSS42MDX03 Requesting service manual

5 posts in this topic

First of all I am requesting a service manual for a Kitchen Aide fridge model KSSS42MDX03.

Second, I am having a hard time figuring this one out. The evap fan is not working, there is 120 volts to fan, checking neutral to hot. I replaced the fan it still does not work so I hooked it up to 120 volts from a different power source, it works fine. I even ran a neutral from light using existing hot wire but it still wouldn't work. Any ideas?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sounds like empty voltage...some connection is failing under load. Trace the hot wire back and eliminate sections till you find it. Does the fan go thru the bimetal on this one?

Edited by KurtiusInterupptus

Sounds like empty voltage...some connection is failing under load. Trace the hot wire back and eliminate sections till you find it. Does the fan go thru the bimetal on this one?

The neutral may go through the bimetal but i temporarily bypassed it with the same results. Empty voltage makes sense, I'll put each section under a load to test. Thanks 

unless otherwise directed, all voltages should be measured with all devices connected ...

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=829022

Main-Control-Board-4388656-00967386.jpg

Yes, there is no voltage under load. So you think it's the control? Where is it located? Could I get that service manual? Thanks

Yes, there is no voltage under load. So you think it's the control?

Where is it located?

Could I get that service manual? Thanks

yes

I don't have a service manual for that 1996 model

The 2001 model (service manual) uses a different Controller

Refrigerator Main Control Board # 3

O2024312-00005.png