Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag LAT9334AAE washer fills, but wont agitate

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 garth48

garth48

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bear Creek HopRod Rye

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

My washer, a Maytag, was a gift from my parents about 10 years ago, and they had if for at least 12 years before that.  It's been utterly dependable.

However, in the past two weeks, it will fill, but has been really touchy insofar as agitating.  My wife and I have both heard the switch kick over to agitate, and then the machine just gives up, then it will try again, give up....  So I've gone over and often just pulling on the wash choice dial gets it going.  But then I'd step away, and as soon as my hand released the pulling tention, the machine would stop.  Some fooling around would get it going again.  

But today was it's last hurrah.  It no longer agitates, and will only empty when in the delicates or soak cycle.

I've tried the trick offered here before of bypassing the check switch by pulling off the wires, connecting red to black and taping it off and then taping off the white wire.  It will still fill, but it still will not agitate or wash.

So if it's not the check switch...what am I looking at?

Thanks,

Edited by garth48, 15 January 2013 - 09:50 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

<<<pulling on the wash choice dial gets it going.  But then I'd step away, and as soon as my hand released the pulling tention, the machine would stop.>>>

Pulling/pushing on the timer dial?

Usually a failed TIMER.

http://www.repaircli...mber=LAT9334AAE

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

#3 garth48

garth48

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bear Creek HopRod Rye

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Thanks, Sensei.  The part was ordered, received in two days, and a cinch to install.  We're all wearing clean clothes now!

#4 jb8103

jb8103

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Ginger ale

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

What's a check switch?

First, do no harm.

#5 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Part of the Lid Switch Assembly

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#6 jb8103

jb8103

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Ginger ale

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Odd duck, ain't it?

First, do no harm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics