Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Sub Zero 532 SN: P924691 Jul91 service manual request and question, evap fan runs cont.

service manual sz532 evaporator fan

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Grifftek

Grifftek

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

I just picked up this unit and also have a newer 632 model. I notice that the evap fan runs continuously. I suspect that this is normal for this model and serial number but can someone confirm this so I dont try to fix a problem that isnt there?

If this is standard operation, is there a relay kit to change this mode of operation or is there a diagram for the DIYr to have the fan only run while the compressors run?

And where can I find the service manual for this unit? I would like to swap the stainless insert with the wood ones on the 632. Are they the same? i have not yet measured them.

Would this make a good second garage refrigerator or is it too in efficient to make sense (built in july of 91 and it uses r12. It also looks like it may have been serviced where a compressor was changed but not sure. maybe it was upgraded to r134?

Thanks

Bill

grifftek@live.com

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

... I notice that the evap fan runs continuously.

... is there a relay kit to change this mode of operation

The Condenser Fan (on top by the Compressors) runs continuously on that model / serial (a Relay can be added)

Each Evaporator Fan (and each Compressor) only runs when the Cold Control is active ...

http://appliantology...service-manual/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Grifftek

Grifftek

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

Thanks for the reply and the link to the manual.

Is there a diagram for adding the relay? I can figure this out on my own but if someone else has documented it id like to follow what has already been successful.

Thanks'

Bill Griffin

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

Is there a diagram for adding the relay?

just look at the wiring diagrams for the "newer" serial number models that have the Relay.

You would need a Relay with a "dual coil"

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics