Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag MSD2959 water lines and more water lines, Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vincef

vincef

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

I'm working on an MSD2959*** the unit has 2 water solenoid valves, that parts easy.

Someone tried to repair the lines but put them in the wrong places across the 2 valves.

The outlet line on the top valve is hooked up to the water source at the wall and the inlet to the top

valve goes up top to the filter.

The lower valve hase nothing hooked up to the inlet but leaks at the inlet when energized.

The service manual does not show the routing for the water lines, I downloaded it.

Sad part is I just worked on one 3 weeks ago and cant remember the routing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Vince

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,976 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

First step is to always provide a Complete model number... Accuracy is always important as well as i think the second 9 should be a 7. Since you also did not provide valve part numbers, I had to spend time guessing your complete model number to pull up a diagram in order to find the valve part numbers. Your assumption that all fridges in that model series use the same valve may be true, but one day you will regret making such an assumption. I just had dinner, so I was in a good enough mood to go through the trouble. In essence, help us help you.

That aside and using model no. MSD2957GEB, the water line from the faucet should be connected to the inlet on the smaller of the two valves. The outlet from that valve goes to the filter. The filter out line goes to the inlet of the larger valve. Water then leaves that valve to ice maker(smaller line) and water dispenser(larger line)

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 17 January 2013 - 08:29 PM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

perhaps the "Y" has been cut out of the original tubing ?

http://www.repaircli...61004391/666239

Tube-61004391-00705131.jpg

http://www.repaircli...12001892/936009

Water-Inlet-Valve-12001892-00649937.jpg

Perhaps you have the remaining digits of model number ?

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#4 vincef

vincef

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Sorry guys, its a MSD2957AEB. Durham was right, it was a 7 and also right in that

one should not assume when it comes to this stuff. I am experienced enough to know better.

The "Y" is still there. I think that the Y goes to the lower valve (looking in from the back) and the top valve takes

the IM and the dispenser.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics