Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Viking Dual Fuel VDSC3656BWH

Budget Appliance Repair

Need a repair manual for a Viking Duel Fuel 36" range

Mod# VDSC3656BWH

Ser# 081403C0000000013

Looking for door hinges and any special trick to getting the door to lift off the hinges.

One hinge is really buggered up, the rivet has fell out of the R.H. hinge, that side seems like it will slide off OK like any normal range, the other side comes out an inch or so and hangs up.

• Team Samurai

APP has the door hinges in stock ==> http://bit.ly/11Evi1T

These are really funky hinges and they're tricky to get off, especially if they're boogared up.  This page may help ==> http://appliantology.org/files/file/531-viking-vdsc-range-door-removal/

• Like 1

Thank you very much Samurai, that appears to be the trick I was missing, (the stops coming out to soon and locking the door onto the hinges if you pull it up to quick). 

That was exactly what was happening on the hinge that isn't all buggered up, the one that is buggered up has no problem pulling all the way off because the stop is permanently out and that was stopping the door from closing correctly as the hinge pin wore out and fell out.  The stop was bending beside the hinge edge so the door could be closed and held with a chair.

Even with the missing hinge pin I was able to get the stopper to retract and they were able to close the door and it stays closed all the way, just told them to be careful opening/closing the door until I could get the hinges.

Now the next problem:

Are the hinges able to be retrieved from the front after removing the two screws, (kind of like the Frigidaire hinges that look like this design style), or do you have to pull the 400 pound range out of it's place and remove the side panels?  While researching info on this I found at one place someone said you had to remove the side panels, I sure hope not!!!!!

• Like 1

• Team Samurai

I've not replaced these hinges so I can't tell you for sure.  But I've pulled out many heavy ranges, Viking, Dacor, etc.  Just use those Slide Glide floor protectors ==> http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Floor-Protectors-for-Moving-Appliance/93001/12914

You'll have four or six legs.  Start at one side, screw up the legs a couple turns, enough to get the floor guards under them, then tighten back down.  With the floor guards in place, the grills removed and the door off, the oven will slide right out.  It's a one man job but I usually take one of my boys with me so they can hand me tools when I'm behind the range.   Biggest problem I run into is non-standard installations: either not enough electrical conduit or gas line to pull the range out.  In which case, they have to get that corrected before I can work on the range.  

Here's a diagram of the main oven cavity showing the door hinges:

2013-01-19_08-06-33.png

Maybe I will get lucky, it shows the hinges in front of the oven face so maybe they will slide/angle thru the holes in the front.

I really don't want to mess with pulling this thing out and removing the side panels as it appears and sounds like from the description on another repair site the console also has to be remove to remove the side panels.

Still looking for a service manual on the VDSC ranges, I found and posted this Google Document link for someone else, it doesn't have hinge info for the VDSC just the VESO/VEDO wall ovens.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzJJ7ARkurWaNDk2YWE5ZWEtOWU0MC00M2Q1LTg0NTgtMzNhNjNhMTViNDlh/edit?pli=1&hl=en

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair
  • Like 1

• Team Samurai

Thanks for trying, lots of good info but basically all the same as in the document I linked to.

None of them have anything on the hinges for the VDSC's.

Do you by any chance have a full copy of the document that you posted the page 31 door removal info from?  I haven't seen that page in any of the info I have found or in these latest documents that you have posted.

• Team Samurai

That page actually came out of the service manual for the VGSC models ==> http://appliantology.org/files/file/538-viking-range-vgsc306-vgsc366-vgsc486-service-manual/

Go figure!  

Viking's technical documentation organization makes no sense to me.  

Thank you, that was the info I need.

Looks like the hinges do come out thru the opening in front without moving range.

That's just what I wanted to hear!!!!!!