Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag laundry center M# LSE 1000

Need Lid Lock Solenoid

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Lid lock solenoid is failing............P/N is 206416.....Part N.L.A........... Any one scrapping one of these units out there ???? ....................Looked for hours for a replacement with any company that sells solenoids........Some close in design but untill I actually buy and try.. :confused: ............ 24 volt D.C. operation.................P.S. closest was  a solenoid Northameria HVAC p/n 1172619..EF1926G239   MFG. RLY 01064..

Edited by certified tech group 51, 18 January 2013 - 12:49 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

I have one but it may have the same problem.

When you say the solenoid is failing does that mean it works sometimes and not others, that is what the one I have was doing the last time it was used many, many years ago.

I will scrap out the washer since I lost the dryer with the controls, (it was loaned out and the washer wasn't working because of the intermittent lid lock problem that I never got the chance to fully check into the problem, the dryer got loaned to someone else in the interim and they ran off with it).

It would take me a couple days before I could get to it, The machine is outside and full of water and in the middle of a bunch of other machines so I don't know just how accessible it is right now.

If you really need it I will see if I can get to it in the next couple of days.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#3 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

When the load size is selected and the lid lock solenoid energizes........ it will stay  retracted for about 5 seconds  then the  armature   drops to the open position and the  'L' is displayed.....If you hold the switch/lid lock in the closed position  and start  the machine it will stay running.....After a few minutes running, you an remove your finger and it will stay running........24 v.d.c. to coil.............. give the top a small smack over the switch assy  and the armature  drops to the open position, unit stops........No 'hold' strength ...........  ( maybe I should not smack at all ????.. :wacko:  )...............

#4 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

I have no way to test the used unit I have since I don't have the dryer with the control panel.

I would be very hesitant to just sell you the used one as this could be very well what mine was doing the last time it was used, (I kind of remember it doing something similar of hearing the lid lock and it tries to start then fails with the lid lock error and would sometimes work OK but most of the time not - that's why they quit using it and just used the dryer portion along with a direct drive Whirlpool next to the unused Maytag washer). 

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#5 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Would a lock assemby from any of the Neptune series be the same? ie 3000, 4000 or 5500 series ?

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#6 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Nope, won't work.  The lock on the laundry center is low voltage DC. the lock on the Neptune is 120V AC

Scott Wolf

#7 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Maybe I will drill a small hole  in the top and tie a string onto the solenoid, lift the string to lock.. :rolleyes: ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics