Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
fcrawley

Service manual for Kenmore Dryer 110.66722690 (Whirlpool)

4 posts in this topic

I am looking for a service manual for this series 70 dryer trying to determine where an intermittent squeal is coming from.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

A squealing noise in these dryers will almost always be from: 1) bad drum rollers or 2) bad idler pulley.  Best bet is to install the maintenance kit for this dryer, includes new drum rollers, idler pulley and belt.  Guts all the rolling components in one shot.  Click the pic below to git you one:

Maintenance-Kit-4392065-01168904.jpg

And here's how to install it:

http://youtu.be/GZsDbMuimm8

Thanks so much...so what should the motor feel like when I take the belt off and spin it while it's installed? If I'm going back in I want to know if it's stiff as well.

Motor pulley should spin silently and smoothly when you give it a flick.  There is a chance that the motor is the source of the noise but it's much less common than the drum rollers or idler.  Easy enough to tell, though, if you're going back out.  And take a maintenance kit with you-- even if you don't use it on this repair, you'll use it eventually on another job and probably soon.