Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Blindside

Whirlpool Duet WFW8300SW04 turns itself off after 10 seconds

6 posts in this topic

My Duet turns itself off about 10 seconds after I start it.  It doesn't matter what cycle I try.  I do hear a beep when I press start but am not hearing the loud click I am used to when it normally starts. I guess this is the door lock??  Anyway, any ideas?

Thanks,

Blindside

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

First, check to make sure the mechanics of the lock are not broken. Second, you will have to check the lock soenoids--about 50 to 60 ohms--working from memory. 

Thanks all.  I ran the self-diagnostic and the fault pointed to the door switch.  I have removed the door switch.  60 ohms between pins 2 and 3. Open between 1 and 3.  I have ordered a new door switch. Should be here on Tuesday.  Will keep you posted.  The L-78 Job Aid was a great help!

Thanks again for your replies.

Hallelujah!  The replacement door switch arrived and my problem is resolved.  Thanks again.

What Did He Say?