I'm heading out to look at this dryer and the customer can't seem to find the model number. I've attached a photo of the unit, if that can give any clues? Not sure what the F01 error code might be?
Kenmore Elite HE5 Dryer with F01 code, (no model# at this time)
Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:49 AM
main control error code
- kdog and tpoindexter like this
Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:37 AM
The F01 generally indicates a failed electronic machine control board.
This error code can sometimes be caused by a glitch or power surge through the electrical lines.
* Unplug or turn the circuit breaker off for 30 seconds
* Reconnect the unit to the power source
* Press the Pause/Cancel/Stop button twice to clear the "PF" in the display
* Start a short cycle to check the operation by pressing and holding the start button until the machine starts.
You may be able to clear this code by unplugging the washer for 5 minutes.
- Samurai Appliance Repair Man, nickfixit, kdog and 1 other like this
Need parts? Call our Parts Department now! 877-803-7957
Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:30 PM
Just got back from visiting this dryer and got a model# 110.870866601
does someone have a manual available, Thanks.
I did the test and couldn't get it to indicate PF, and it looks normal intell you start it, then it goes to the F01 error code...?
Still thinking control board?
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users