Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Blindside

Kenmore 790.46599501 - Boil over then F10, F13, F90

5 posts in this topic

We had a boil over on the stove that leaked into the EOC enclosure due to faulty gasket. Got an F10 error after a few minutes. Truend oven off at breaker for a few minutes. When I turned it back on, I got short buzz then code F13. Cleared that and oven door is locked. After about a minute or so I get code F90.  Am I destined for a new EOC or is there something I can try? Tech manual perhaps? I have owners manual but not any help.

Thanks,

Blindside

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Nope, need to replace the EOC AND the gasket.

We had a boil over on the stove

what boiled over ?

just water ?

Salt water ?

You could try soaking / rinsing Controller in Isopropyl Alcohol

and letting it dry completely

(a few days in front of a fan)

F10 Runaway Temperature.

F13 Bad EEPROM Identification / checksum error.

F90 Maximum oven door unlock time exceeded.

After I let it alone for the afternoon, I came back to it and cleaned the connector pins that looked charred or coroded. I cleaned them as best I could, put everything back together and turned the breaker back on.  It seems to be working fine now.  WOW!  I am going to go ahead and order a new gasket though.  Thanks for the guidance.