Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Asko W6461 Washer no heat

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Beez

Beez

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:New Belgium Abbey

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

No, this is not a joke...has nothing to do with my dryer post. While I'm a qualified apprentice and all, I just wanted to ask about the washer too. Heater has not worked for quite a while. Doesn't bother me too much because I don't mind washing everything in cold water. But is it an easy fix? (like replacing the dryer belt)  :whistling:

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Wingerman

Wingerman

Yamabushi

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Cuervo Silver and Lemonade

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

In appliance repair, "easy" is a relative term. About 30 Ohms on the heating element.

#3 Beez

Beez

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

In appliance repair, "easy" is a relative term. About 30 Ohms on the heating element.

Somehow I just knew that you would pull out the kryptonite... Mechanical repairs I can almost always do even if it takes me too long to figure it out. But intelligent electrical diagnosis has thus far eluded me. So I guess I will proceed with my usual trial and error replacing of parts until I get lucky! :blinky:  Is there a manual or instructions somewhere on the site that shows how to replace the heating coil?

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,016 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

The Asko W600 series washer service manual is in the Pot Luck Supper ==> http://appliantology...ervice-manual/ 

#5 Beez

Beez

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

The Asko W600 series washer service manual is in the Pot Luck Supper ==> http://appliantology...ervice-manual/ 

Thanks for that oh Grand Master! Now I'm off to continue my quest for the ultimate training manual for enlightened endurance whilst executing the deceptively simple 12oz curl...

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,016 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

As we say in the Motherland, "Rots of ruck, GI."   :samurai:

Let us know how it goes.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics