Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
David Beasley

Asko W6461 Washer no heat

6 posts in this topic

No, this is not a joke...has nothing to do with my dryer post. While I'm a qualified apprentice and all, I just wanted to ask about the washer too. Heater has not worked for quite a while. Doesn't bother me too much because I don't mind washing everything in cold water. But is it an easy fix? (like replacing the dryer belt)  :whistling:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

In appliance repair, "easy" is a relative term. About 30 Ohms on the heating element.

In appliance repair, "easy" is a relative term. About 30 Ohms on the heating element.

Somehow I just knew that you would pull out the kryptonite... Mechanical repairs I can almost always do even if it takes me too long to figure it out. But intelligent electrical diagnosis has thus far eluded me. So I guess I will proceed with my usual trial and error replacing of parts until I get lucky! :blinky:  Is there a manual or instructions somewhere on the site that shows how to replace the heating coil?

As we say in the Motherland, "Rots of ruck, GI."   :samurai:

Let us know how it goes.