Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

maytag neptune MAH5500AWW

timer does not advance.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 suampman

suampman

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:redbridge

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

The timer on this neptune is not advancing. I removed the plug from the timer to check across the timer motor, with the power off and the timer in the off position. Across the motor read open. Is this timer motor like any other timer motor? I would like some expert advice before I place this order.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Timer advancement is intermittent, controlled by the machine control board, in the off position, open circuit is likely -  What part of the cycle does it fail to advance ?  usually issue is with drive motor/motor control (conveniently comes as a kit)

Manual is here: http://appliantology...nt-load-washer/

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 suampman

suampman

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

I came back to wrap this up. Hate loose ends.

Checked timer motor as manual recommends. Should be 5000 ohms. was open.

Checked voltage to the timer motor from the control board. 4vac.

The voltage into the control board was 120vac. Good, but the plastic around the connector had melted indicating bad connection or high current draw through the board. Took a dremel tool and cut plastic off and reseated the connector. No change. With that info I recommended a new or used washer. Customer asked if I could recommend a washer. I told him a whirlpool direct drive. I looked on craigs list and found one in perfect shape. I helped him hook it up. He has referred me to two other customers.

Thanks Kdog for the manual and info about the control board.

#4 suampman

suampman

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

Forgot to mention, the control board check was done with the timer on as inferred. Timer never advanced in any position.

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,163 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

Domo for posting the outcome!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics