Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag SE 1000 will not agitate

Washer will not agitate

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

The upper tub bearing is a bushing set up, (pre-lubed nothing more needed).

The lower spin bearing above the brake pak should be a sealed bearing and not need any other lube either.

The thrust bearing above the transmission pulley needs some regular auto heavy duty wheel bearing grease.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#42 Stilltrying3

Stilltrying3

IkkĊ-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

Hi Guys - 

Almost five months later  - my Maytag is running strong  - many thanks to all for your help.  
For a couple hundred in parts, I was saved from spending about $ 1,500 on a new stacker.
I should have bought a new "Upper Outer Tub Cover Clamp" ... it leaked a little water for about a month
but the old clamp finally "seated" itself.

One last issue:

I had to take the tranny apart to fix the agitator shaft and bought new tranny oil.
After reassembling the whole deal -
 a very small amount of oil seeps out of the tranny gasket (bought a new one)during the spin cycle
and spins out to the frame walls of the washer - and onto the rubber hoses (original hoses) on the right side of the machine:

#1 How do you know how tight to tighten the bolts that hold the tranny together ?
#2 Will the oil rot the rubber hoses ? Again, this is a 25 year old machine

Thanks again to all - 

Still Trying (to save a buck)

P.S. RepairClinic.com has the best parts selection, prices, and guarantee.  Buy all your parts at RepairClinic.com!  

Experience is the Best Teacher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics