Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool WED9270XW1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Complaint is clothes are wetter after drying with the steamer than when coming out of the wash cycle.  Sounds like water valve leaking, but I have no experiance with this type of washing machine.  Going to find out Friday.     Input?

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Strathy

Strathy

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Start with the venting.  There was a problem with a run of the control boards that would cause a constant spray in certain situations.  I've only seen it once and it was happening when I was running it empty so it was easy to see.  Fix for that is to change the control.  Not sure of the serial or model numbers on that problem though.  

If it is the valve leaking, I would suspect the complaint would be water in the unit between cycles.  It's a pretty simple single valve - not much to it.  Should be easy to check.

Neighbour's Appliance Service
Servicing Southern Manitoba, Canada

#3 DanInKansas

DanInKansas

Kohai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lion Imperial or Shiner Bock

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

I have had two different causes to this complaint:

1)  Poor venting will lead to wet lint inside the vent hose.  Once the wet lint blocks the steam from escaping the clothes will be wet and there will be water on the floor.  Pick up the the dryer vent hose and feel it.  If this is the problem, it will feel like a python.

2) Valve stuck open.  Run the dryer with no clothes in it in a non-team cycle.  If you get hot water on the glass you have a valve stuck open.  It may not be the control board.  See if you have voltage to the valve if you get steam on it.  If you do, bad control.  If you don't, the valve has failed in the open position.

#4 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Thankyou  for all input.  Contacted customer over a week ago & gave him 3 reasons why unit is not performing.   Has not called me back to schedual call.  Have a feeling he is a DYI.  Probably reading this site 7 attempted repairs hisself.  power to him. 

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics