Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

AMANA FRONT LOAD WASHER NFW7300WWQ1 ERROR CODE F6E2

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 gregaguilar

gregaguilar

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:bud lite

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

i AM WORKING ON AN AMANA FRONT LOAD WASHER THAT I SET ON DRIN AND SPIN AND WILL AFTER A WHILE GIVE ME THE F6E2 ERROR CODE I LOOKED IT UP ON TECK SHEET AND HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THE PROBLEM BUT TO NO AVAIL  CAN ANYONE OUT THERE HELP  MIGHT BE SOMETHING SIMPLE I JUST HAVENT SEEN IT

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

I believe F6 is usually a Motor control issue on that style machine

http://www.repaircli...0384843/2118235

Main-Control-Board-W10384843-01367857.jp

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 gregaguilar

gregaguilar

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

i AM WORKING ON AN AMANA FRONT LOAD WASHER THAT I SET ON DRIN AND SPIN AND WILL AFTER A WHILE GIVE ME THE F6E2 ERROR CODE I LOOKED IT UP ON TECK SHEET AND HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THE PROBLEM BUT TO NO AVAIL  CAN ANYONE OUT THERE HELP  MIGHT BE SOMETHING SIMPLE I JUST HAVENT SEEN IT

#4 gregaguilar

gregaguilar

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

the mcu for the amana front load washer nfw7300wwq1 is attached to the motor but thanks anyway.  I checked out motor and I am not getting the 6ohms from pin1to2 2to3 or1to3 I will replace it manana I will let you know the results thanks 

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,829 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

the mcu for the amana front load washer nfw7300wwq1 is attached to the motor but thanks anyway. 

Not sure what you're seeing attached to the motor but it ain't the MCU.  The MCU lives beneath the top panel, RHS.  The motor lives on the base plate of the machine.  

There is no F6E2 error code for this machine.  Either you have an undocumented error code or you're reporting it wrong.  

And, BTW, your correct model number is NFW7300WW01

#6 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Not sure what you're seeing attached to the motor but it ain't the MCU.  The MCU lives beneath the top panel, RHS.  The motor lives on the base plate of the machine.  

Hate to say your wrong but the newer whirlpools that still use a belt have started using a "inverter motor" like GE topload, the mcu is right on the motor and part of the motor.  Had to look twice the first time i saw one.

Edited by sh2sh2, 23 January 2013 - 06:33 PM.

#7 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

... using a "inverter motor" like GE topload, the mcu is right on the motor and part of the motor. 

Had to look twice the first time i saw one.

for reference:

Drive Motor

W10315848

W1104167-00005.png

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#8 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Never saw that one yet :)

Good catch.

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

#9 gregaguilar

gregaguilar

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

believe me this amana front load washer has the mcu attached to the motor and i am still having problems with it  i took a motor with the mcu attached to it and to no avail even though i knew the motor is good then i took volt from ccu to motor and was good but still same problem f6e2 code manana i will go g

et other ccu board and attach to unit if it do not work i dont know but i have ohmed every wire to this  unit but to no avail.  how much is there to this unit?

the inverter you are talking about seems to be the ge thiough the pic sure looks like this f/l  give me a call 325-651-5938 or 325-763-2560 san angelo tex I really need the help

#10 gregaguilar

gregaguilar

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

what was posted on here is for s fronther not a topher better live that bud lite amigo.  hey i love my bud lite but sorry to say check it out and let this hombre know  i am having a heck ot a time with it  I went and got the motor incorporated with the mcu and installed but to no avail  next i tool readings from ccu to motor and got 120 volts manana i will go get the ccu and install and see it that is the problema. I will post model # again manana we all make a mistako some time or other. thanks guys i will comunicate tommorrow. adios

#11 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

Whirlpool Washer WFW94 WFW95HEX Direct Drive

L-85 JOB AID W10372167

(I'm still looking for this service manual)

Tech Sheet - W10385295.pdf

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#12 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

Definitely NOT the design I had pictured, haven't seen this yet either, by the diagram though if you have 120v into the motor/module ass'y and motor won't run - would seem to be defective motor/module ass'y.  Also has very strange looking W/L switch :

http://www.repaircli...0239066/1548491

Pressure-Switch-W10239066-01350875.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#13 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Now I gotta tell a customer that if the M.C.U. has died, now ya gotta gets yerself the whole motor assy for about $240 clam$!!!....Ain't seen this one either but a machine is just a machine .... :sillytongue: !

#14 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

Did not want to edit my previous post............After trying to decipher what gregaguilar is describing, what was the original complaint???......  Page two (2) of the tech sheet, did you go thru the items listed under "Won't Start Cycle"???? .........Will it run a 'Diagnostic Test' ????...........After swapping the motor , did you depress the ground switches????..............No F6E2 on the tech sheet provided by RegUS..  But of course you my have stumbled onto something unknown to man.. :wacko: .

#15 gregaguilar

gregaguilar

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

Man all of you guys are numero uno for helping out,  but like papa-son said there is no F6E2 on this unit  I checked it out again and sho enouth PA PA SON is rite. Believe it or not after  all this I got me a cold BUD-Lite bru and was stirring at the ccu and wham found the culprit. somehow I took it for granteed that the clips on the ccu can only attach to only its own place but but no I think the P13 hole the one that has 3 blue wires going to the MCU ATTACHED TO THE MOTOR was inserted into the adjacent hole Man i switched it and wham it solved the problems.. F6E1 pap a son is rite. I had run the diagnostic cycle and at the spin time it would sit there and give me the 6 flashes and pauce and then the 2 flashes. Its 5am here in San Angelo tex I am a happy hombre.My customer will also be very happy. Thanks again to pa pa son and all of you guys for all the input  ADIOS HASTA LUEGO BUENOS TACOS HASTA LA VISTA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics