Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
AlexM

Frigidaire Gas Range: Model# PLCS389ECD, New RF burner not lighting right away.

12 posts in this topic

This Frigidaire Range Model# PLCS389ECD has a broil element stuck on, low.  I went to check out the right front burner not ingiting and discovered this other issue.  Back to the right front electrode, there appears to be two different electrodes for this model, I can't seem to find the correct part # for that particular electrode, does it matter?  So, two issues: the correct electrode and the broil element stuck on?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

They got ya by the short hairs on this one...................No ignitor only for about 15 clams but a whole assembly for 90 clams.......................Out of stock at R/C, but if ya gotta have it, check Reliable, got about 5 in their  warehouses....

APP has it in stock here ==> http://bit.ly/TdCiwn

but if ya gotta have it,

Temporary Igniter:

post-397-0-54996100-1356130618_thumb.jpg

The broil element may be grounded, or control relay has failed

OR both, since the Controller uses a DLB Relay and a Broil Relay

The DLB Relay should prevent L2 power, and the Broil Relay should prevent L1 power ...

so if the Element was partially grounded, there wouldn't be any power on either end.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=1164780

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=1038432

O.K. I'm back, there was never an issue with the Broiler, the guys wife had previously used the broiler then went to work, so when I was going over the oven, It was still warm.  In the mean time I ordered a new burner and I don't really know how to get to the igniter?  does anybody have the service manual on this one?  Model# PLCS389ECD

... I ordered a new burner and I don't really know how to get to the igniter?

top surface Burner / Igniter ?

Yes, Right Front top surface burner/igniter.

To raise the top and get to the orifice holders/tubes you will have to remove all for burner caps and heads then remove the screws that hold the top down to the orifice holders/tubes and hope the screws don't all break off.

Once the screws around each of the four burners are removed depress the clips about an inch or two in from each side with a putty knife to release top.

So I installed a new Right Front burner P/N 318306107 because the spark electrode was cracked on the old one.  After I installed it the burner would light, but only after a lot of gas build up and small blue fireball.  I noticed that there are two different slots for the spark electrode to be placed.  I don't remember how this one came in the box. This particular range is at about 7,000ft above sea level, if that matters.  The other three burners light just fine and quickly.  Should I move the electrode or is there another adjustment I need to know about?  Thanks. 

Topics merged - You certain the orifice size is the same as the one you changed ?  (16.5 KBTU)