Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

bosch oven

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 whitelk.chad

whitelk.chad

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:bud light

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

I have a bosch duel fuel slide in oven model# HDI7282u/03 when u set the bake temp. at 350 the oven will reach 345 then stabilize and decend to around 335 never reaching desired temp. and display fails to change from preheat to baking status.  Also does the same set at 400, it will reach 390 than fail to hit 400 and switch from preheat to baking. my first try was the board but did not cure problem then i replaced the temp. probe which checked good but figured id give it a try.  still continue to have the issue.  Has anyone had this issue and how did u solve it or any suggestions would be greatly appreciated this one really has me stumped.  I have tried contacting bosch but the won't talk as i am not an authorized bosch servicer.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,981 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Did you check the probe wire from harness to board? Ohm your bake element as well.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 23 January 2013 - 08:59 PM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 whitelk.chad

whitelk.chad

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

yes, i took my initial readings at connector and temp stays dead on according to my digital thermomitor

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Continuity check on your bake element? I'm not as concerned about temp readings from a digital thermometer as I am the failure to switch out of preheat mode.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 23 January 2013 - 09:04 PM.

#5 whitelk.chad

whitelk.chad

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

yes, bake and broil both working unit has a hidden bake element, did check to outer casing for possible short or bleed but no continunity, had to assume it was ok. it will exceed 350 if set to a higher temp. then if u dial back to 350 it will maintain.  one thing to note is a small flicker in display board so i also monitored line voltage which was normal stayed about 245 and checked all line connections, i also replaced display board.  i hate being a parts changed but am at a loss on this.

#6 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

Moved to Kitchen forum, check also continuity of convection element (rear centre) as often the unit will cycle on that element most of the time after preheat is attained (ie 80% of set point)

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#7 whitelk.chad

whitelk.chad

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

thanks for the tip will check and get back with results

#8 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

Moved to Kitchen forum, check also continuity of convection element (rear centre) as often the unit will cycle on that element most of the time after preheat is attained (ie 80% of set point)

That's some good info there,  even if you did spell "center"  wrong.  Rofl 

#9 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Either spelling is correct here in Bilingual Canada

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#10 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Either spelling is correct here in Bilingual Canada

Sorry. Lol.. I thought you would know by the "eh" smiley that I knew it was a Canadian form and was really making fun of and parodying a typical ethnocentric American. And I spent all that time going to Canadian sites to find that smiley. The only other ones were either too obscure of a reference or too obvious (like a smiley waving a Canadian flag)

As punishment I will begin taking some sensitivity classes beginning with:

#11 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

Haha, yes that is very funny, didn't even pay any attention to it until now, looked at it without seeing it

#12 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Haha, yes that is very funny, didn't even pay any attention to it until now, looked at it without seeing it

After watching that video on my home theatre,  I now know I was chirping ya, eh? ....See I aint no plug anymore, since I can speak a little Canuck now.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 28 January 2013 - 03:17 PM.

#13 whitelk.chad

whitelk.chad

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Sorry for the delay getting back but you were right the convection element was my problem. Feel dumb a simple element gave me such a headache but not real familiar with many bosch products, just starting to see an increase of them in my area.  Thanks again for your help!

Convection element part link ==> http://www.repaircli...ber=HDI7282U/03

Convection-Element-436632-00755717.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics