Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Miele D.W. Model# G832SCI, Froze water valve and what else?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Root Beer

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

When I got to this Miele compact dishwasher it was already out of the hole, disconnected and there had been a flood from the water fill hose, fill valve is what I assume. I didn't re-hook everything up to test, the home owner said water was coming out the hose...

If I order the fill hose and fill valve do you think I will be covered on parts?  Do i need to flip this unit on its back to get access to water valve, is it labor intesive?

Never worked on a Miele.

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Beamish

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

When I got to this Miele compact dishwasher it was already out of the hole, disconnected and there had been a flood from the water fill hose, fill valve is what I assume. 

I didn't re-hook everything up to test.........

the home owner said water was coming out the hose......

1) If I order the fill hose and fill valve do you think I will be covered on parts?........

2) Do i need to flip this unit on its back to get access to water valve..........

3) is it labor intesive?........

Never worked on a Miele.

1) according to the homeowner. Only way to have known for sure would have been to hook it up and see for yourself.

2) No, but you can if it's more convenient.

3) no

Test

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

The fill hose/valve is all 1 part on these, the fill valve is actually on the far end of the hose - the wiring is enclosed in a conduit that runs back to the machine's drain pan Water Proof ass'y is their terminology for it - the valve is easily connected to any std 3/4" hose bib (same as garden hose). To replace it you just need to lay the machine on the side and remove the lower cover (any water in bottom will spill out).  Unusual to have that hose leak - more commonly is the drain hose to wear through.

Manual is here: http://appliantology...service-manual/.

You have to call Miele to get parts.

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics