I humbly request admittance to your dojo. I have led a life of sin and dissipation. In past, I have been known to swap parts like a monkey. I am ready to change. However, tomorrow morning the washer will still be broken. I seek a diagnostic test.
Salient points of appliance trouble:
- Hotpoint washer VBSR3100G2WW
- No motor activity during Spin phase.
- Virtually no motor activity during Agitation phase (I ran the machine on many settings and it did agitate for part of a “wrinkle free” cycle during 2 of 4 test runs on that setting, but nothing at all otherwise.)
- Lid switch OK.
- LED on motor PCB blinks stand-by pattern at all times when appliance is powered on.
- I’m on a remote Pacific island.
- It will take a minimum of 6 weeks for me to order and receive any part.
- I have internet access a couple times a day.
I’m hoping for guidance on a diagnostic test(s) I can do to pinpoint the trouble.