Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whrilpool front loader duet not spining

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Skiter29

Skiter29

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Im working on a whirlpool duet sport Model wfw8300sw00  a couple of months ago error codes where coming up which told me to replace the CCU which i did everything fine now it will not spin the clothes out if you put it in drain and spin it will eventully get them spun out but after 3 times but after intianal wash clothes are wet ive run it thru diganostics  no error codes and when i put it in drain and spin sometimes it will spin and sometimes it wont ive checked the pump that is fine i had a latch on hand replaced that still dosnt work im wondering if ive got a bad new CCU any thoughts out there.

PS Called the whirlpool tech line and the guy asked me if it was an emergency since they were short staffed today they wouldnt ansewer my questions told me to call back on monday thanks whrilpool after i paid my membership they can kiss mine absolutly hate whrilpool

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Strathy

Strathy

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

Ya. Train the trainer days today and tomorrow. They do it usually 2x a year.

For your problem I would be looking at MCU or a wiring problem. Check all the wires very carefully between the MCU and the motor and the blue wires from the MCU to the CCU.

If u don't find any wiring issues, then there is a live process to check for correct voltage at the MCU (5 volts DC on some wires, 120 AC on others.) I can't remember the readings off the top of my head and Im not sure I have them written down. May have to get them from techline on Monday. If all the voltages end up being correct, then for sure it will be the MCU.

Oh 1 more thing. Ohm out the motor and make sure the tachometer is within spec. Usually that will throw up a code, but still worth checking on your problem.
Neighbour's Appliance Service
Servicing Southern Manitoba, Canada

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

... sometimes it will spin and sometimes it wont

... ive checked the pump that is fine

1) "won't spin" .. at all, OR only low speed ?  is there water in the Tub ?

2) ... and the drain ... are you sure ?

did you do a hi-speed spin test C:08 ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 Skiter29

Skiter29

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

it will spin today when i got there i first put in drain and spin and it spun at high speed then i put i through diagnotics and this one here dosnt have any of the C01-08 all the lights on panel light up with the 88 and they blink and then an E comes up and the clean the washer lights up thats at about the 7 olcock postion then it will fill then it will go up to delicates and start to wash then it goes up to the next one and then it will drain then it shuts off so during dianogstics it dosnt spin weird part i can get it to spin occasialy been told theres is no water in tub but clothes are soaking wet so maybe a little water but from the clothes not from not draining it been draining the water with no problems since ive tested it and the drain it has a high stand pipe i guess when i go back i could take the pump motor off but the customer did clean out the pump trap

#5 KCTBURY

KCTBURY

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coke

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Is the pressure switch acting up? or hose to pressure switch have build up in it? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics