Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

MKeating42

Frigidaire front load washer FTF2140ES1 wash basin full before wash cycle starts?

4 posts in this topic

Back again with a new puzzle for my old Frigidaire front load washer, model # FTF2140ES1.

Today, after sitting idle for two days (laundry day was Thursday), my wife says the wash basin was full when she started to put clothes in for a new load. A drain/spin cycle spun the washer out and it seems to be working fine now.

That reminded me that when I was fixing the wiring harness a few weeks ago, the same thing happened to me. I shrugged it off, rationalizing that I must have kept the dial on the "fill" test on the way to the "spin" test.

Any thoughts? Again, seems to be working fine, and it's only happened once since I put humpty dumpty back together two weeks ago.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

sounds like a leaky Water Valve ..
When you're done with the laundry, unplug the Power Cord from the Wall Outlet ..
In a day or two, check to see if there's any water in the Washer ...
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=1154728

Water-Inlet-Valve-134371220-00744024.jpg

3 people like this

Will do. Thanks!

YOU HAVE A BAD WATER VALVE, REPLACE, AND U WILL HAVE NO WATER IN TUB THE NEXT DAY