Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
yell0w_lantern

Neptune DC MCG8000AWW

25 posts in this topic

Neither the upper nor lower part of the unit will start.

The lights come on in each bay if the respective door is opened. The control panel lights up and all the buttons cause a beep when pressed. The green light next to the Time Dry button does not light up and if pressed when the dryer is completely off then the Sensor Dry mode is activated. Pressing the Start button for either the upper or lower dryer turns off the entire dryer without any sort of pretense at starting - no rumble, no sound of turning over, nothing at all.

A service man was here and tried replacing the circuit board but to no avail.

My guess is a fuse of some sort.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Which circuit board?  there's one in the control panel and one in the base of the machine in the very bottom, the bottom one usually goes bad because of water leaks in basements.

I know for sure it was in the control panel.

Thanks for the manual. It does not specifically say where the thermal fuses are.

Get an error when you click this link

what error ?

works for me ...

I get a File Not Found error, too.

Sorry, we couldn't find that!

is the message I get

Perfect!!

Thanks!

[uPDATE] I checked my thermal fuses, high limit thermostat, and flame sensor for continuity and they were fine. The thermistor registers 12kOhms and no continuity, which, from what I read, sounds normal.

So would it be the relay then?

Edited by yell0w_lantern

Okay, replaced the relay and no change. I had heard that motor also should be replaced when a new relay is put in but the motor won't be in until Monday.

Are we sure the first repair man actually replaced the board in the console?

He replaced it and the problem persisted so he swapped the old board back in and did not charge me.

do these have a separate membrane touch pad or is it all one board in the console

the control panel is separate from the board; yes, it is membrane style.

The problem is probably the main control board in the base of the machine.  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/534643/1413623?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=31001561

This is the last time I'm going to advise you that this is the problem.

Edited by Scottthewolf

The problem is probably the main control board in the base of the machine.  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/534643/1413623?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=31001561

This is the last time I'm going to advise you that this is the problem.

I was under the impression it is also called, "the relay". I already took your advice and replaced it as I said above. So unless I got a bad component, it must be something else.

... I was under the impression it is also called, "the relay".

It's called the Relay Board Assembly ..

the Relay is just one electrical component on the Board that could be replaced separately (soldered) ..

so are we left with the membrane touch pad being bad?, not the main board and not the controller in the console

That's what I'm wondering. Is there a way to test it with a multimeter or do I need more sophisticated equipment?

... all the buttons cause a beep when pressed.

membrane would seem to be good

Did you run the *Pd Membrane Key Pad Utility as mentioned in the Service Manual ?

... Pressing the Start button for either the upper or lower dryer turns off the entire dryer

.has this Dryer worked OK up till now at this location ?

No, I didn't run the key pad utility. The dryer came with the house. We bought the place about 1.5 years ago. One key on the panel has not worked correctly that entire time - the time decrease key on the lower dryer. Not starting began after I used the top compartment one night.

[uPDATE]

Since neither time up nor time down is working on the lower compartment I had to use the controls for the upper.

On Pd Membrane Utility: the lights next to time dry, sensor dry and wrinkle release stayed lit

Logic board test : Pass/Pass

Help Code List: LS and LE both came up

Diagnostic Code List: 8 displayed as the only value and selecting that with time up displayed 2 (on the display for the lower compartment) and 982.

Edited by yell0w_lantern