Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore 110.21302012 Dead

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Future customer calls about her Kenmore washer.  No agitator washer.    Complaint is that machine went into spin then tub started bouncing around making big racket. She powered down unit.  Now it comes on with the sensor light on, she hears the lid lock (light on) then lid unlocks (light off).  She swears springs are broke cause tub now has too much freedom inside cabinet.

Ist time with this type of washer.  Have been preparing for my new experiance with this type of machine.  Think I know how to open cabinet.   Is there a balance sensor that disables unit & has to be reset?   I have scheduled an appointment for early Friday morning.   All suggestion will be very much appreciated.   Thankyou, Patricio.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Check to see if the trans pulley nut came off, real common issue. If all parts survived, use blue locktite when you put the nut back on.

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#3 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Thanks Nickfixit.  So if I have collateral damage what might that be?   Where do I go from there?   Yes I always try to line up my Ducks.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#4 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

Ended up being a shifter actuator, reading 8.9 ohms  should be 2-3.5 ohms..replaced today, calibrated according to manual.  seems to be running normal according to customer..What could charges be, blue book does not list.

Shift Actuator ==> http://www.repaircli...0006355/1719787

Shift-Actuator-W10006355-01390083.jpg

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 05 February 2013 - 09:19 PM.
Added part link.

IgonFishn

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,586 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

..What could charges be, blue book does not list.

I would base it on an F12 skill code.  So the flat rate fee construction would be:

Shift Actuator $60

Service charge $80

F12 Skill code $65

Total = $205, maybe drop down to $195 to help sell the repair.  

#6 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

Not bad,  started with off the wall quote of $225-$240, not knowing what the shifter was going to cost.

I would base it on an F12 skill code.  So the flat rate fee construction would be:

Shift Actuator $60

Service charge $80

F12 Skill code $65

Total = $205, maybe drop down to $195 to help sell the repair.  

After obtaining the part from my local supplier with over the weekend wait for shipment.  time installing part & callibrating machine, & running unit thru normal cycle I ended up charging $215.  Two trips to customer house one to local supplier, total time spent from start to finish 3 hours including windshield time.   Going to do a Maytag VMW tomorrow with same complaint, have an shifter in stock now along with a capacitor & pully nuts.   Should be able to trim time & keep repair same cost.  I gave a 6 month warranty,   If you think I am a little high let me know.  With time & experiance should be able to wittle price down a little. :thumbsup:

IgonFishn

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,586 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

Sounds reasonable to me. The book price is just a starting point. I'll adjust it up or down based on the particulars of the repair (installation, access, etc).

#8 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

Follow up.   Unit works OK as for  washing/rinsing/spinning cycles go.  Customer has new complaint, washer fills up with hot water, says used both hat & cold water before I worked on it.  Customer says both water valves are open.  I am positive when I put it in diagnostic mode cold valve opened.   Comment what could be wrong?

IgonFishn

#9 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:00 AM

...  Customer says both water valves are open.

If that's true, (how can he be sure) ?

There may be something wrong with the House water supply.

Cold Valve turned OFF ?

Clogged input screen ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#10 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

Frozen cold water line could also be the culprit.

Scott Wolf

#11 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Know the feeling of being ate up with a case of the dumbass?    Never know when it strikes.     Da.   

Hot water line goes on left, cold on right...Facing from the rear.   Attatching from front of machine Hot goes on right.   Da :huh:  :blush:    Embarassing

IgonFishn

#12 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,586 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

Know the feeling of being ate up with a case of the dumbass?    Never know when it strikes.     Da.   

Hot water line goes on left, cold on right...Facing from the rear.   Attatching from front of machine Hot goes on right.   Da :huh:  :blush:    Embarassing

I made that mistake one.  Only once.  Bet you won't make it again, either.   :beatnik:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics