Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***CLICK HERE AND READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Patricio

Kenmore 110.21302012 Dead

12 posts in this topic

Future customer calls about her Kenmore washer.  No agitator washer.    Complaint is that machine went into spin then tub started bouncing around making big racket. She powered down unit.  Now it comes on with the sensor light on, she hears the lid lock (light on) then lid unlocks (light off).  She swears springs are broke cause tub now has too much freedom inside cabinet.

Ist time with this type of washer.  Have been preparing for my new experiance with this type of machine.  Think I know how to open cabinet.   Is there a balance sensor that disables unit & has to be reset?   I have scheduled an appointment for early Friday morning.   All suggestion will be very much appreciated.   Thankyou, Patricio.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Check to see if the trans pulley nut came off, real common issue. If all parts survived, use blue locktite when you put the nut back on.

Thanks Nickfixit.  So if I have collateral damage what might that be?   Where do I go from there?   Yes I always try to line up my Ducks.

Ended up being a shifter actuator, reading 8.9 ohms  should be 2-3.5 ohms..replaced today, calibrated according to manual.  seems to be running normal according to customer..What could charges be, blue book does not list.

Shift Actuator ==> http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Shift-Actuator/W10006355/1719787

Shift-Actuator-W10006355-01390083.jpg

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man
Added part link.

..What could charges be, blue book does not list.

I would base it on an F12 skill code.  So the flat rate fee construction would be:

Shift Actuator $60

Service charge $80

F12 Skill code $65

Total = $205, maybe drop down to $195 to help sell the repair.  

Not bad,  started with off the wall quote of $225-$240, not knowing what the shifter was going to cost.

I would base it on an F12 skill code.  So the flat rate fee construction would be:

Shift Actuator $60

Service charge $80

F12 Skill code $65

Total = $205, maybe drop down to $195 to help sell the repair.  

After obtaining the part from my local supplier with over the weekend wait for shipment.  time installing part & callibrating machine, & running unit thru normal cycle I ended up charging $215.  Two trips to customer house one to local supplier, total time spent from start to finish 3 hours including windshield time.   Going to do a Maytag VMW tomorrow with same complaint, have an shifter in stock now along with a capacitor & pully nuts.   Should be able to trim time & keep repair same cost.  I gave a 6 month warranty,   If you think I am a little high let me know.  With time & experiance should be able to wittle price down a little. :thumbsup:

Sounds reasonable to me. The book price is just a starting point. I'll adjust it up or down based on the particulars of the repair (installation, access, etc).

Follow up.   Unit works OK as for  washing/rinsing/spinning cycles go.  Customer has new complaint, washer fills up with hot water, says used both hat & cold water before I worked on it.  Customer says both water valves are open.  I am positive when I put it in diagnostic mode cold valve opened.   Comment what could be wrong?

...  Customer says both water valves are open.

If that's true, (how can he be sure) ?

There may be something wrong with the House water supply.

Cold Valve turned OFF ?

Clogged input screen ?

Frozen cold water line could also be the culprit.

Know the feeling of being ate up with a case of the dumbass?    Never know when it strikes.     Da.   

Hot water line goes on left, cold on right...Facing from the rear.   Attatching from front of machine Hot goes on right.   Da :huh:  :blush:    Embarassing

Know the feeling of being ate up with a case of the dumbass?    Never know when it strikes.     Da.   

Hot water line goes on left, cold on right...Facing from the rear.   Attatching from front of machine Hot goes on right.   Da :huh:  :blush:    Embarassing

I made that mistake one.  Only once.  Bet you won't make it again, either.   :beatnik: