Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
AlexM

Kenmore Range 790.94022600, Installed new terminal blocks.

9 posts in this topic

So I installed two new terminal blocks on this range and it took a little bending of the burner ends to get them slid into the new terminals.  Now the customer called and said he can't get the burners in and out. I would like any suggestions on how to 'loosen' up this connection so they can easily clean the range top.  I think I used P/N 5303935058 for the terminal blocks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Not sure why the customer is having problems. Are there any other variables to consider, such as new (and maybe incorrect) drip pans? Did you mount the receptacles the same way the original receptacles were mounted? Were the burners replaced as well?

Did you use the old burner? I prefer to use a new burner with a new block when I can.

Good"n"tight is the way they should be. :wink: Loosen em up and they will arc out. Try pulling them in and out about a dozen times.

I also recommend using the heavy duty blocks. They are porcelain and last much longer. Also easier to install as the wires are so well insulated that you don't use heat shrink tape. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Terminal-Block/12001676/400645

Edited by DurhamAppliance

I agree with Durham, those porcelain block ones are the only ones I use now, not that much more in price and a much better repair.

RegUS, Just in case you didn't know, those two are not interchangeable.

The top one is the most common standard receptacle used on almost all electric ranges.

The bottom one is a special GE only and will only work with the GE elements, they have a much wider metal plate between the two element legs.

A follow up...I went back today and istalled the porcelain  blocks and those are now the only ones I will use.  they work really well.  Thanks for all the help!