Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

suampman

Kenmore dryer 110.76960130 cable assy.

6 posts in this topic

I am trying to figure out the cable assy on an old kenmore dryer. How do the plastic guides, cables and springs go together? There are holes in the door that look like they should have grommets but do'nt. I got it for 20.00 dollars and everything works good, except these. The cables and springs were missing. Any pictures would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Thanks jumptrout. It is hard to make out the way to install. It looks like there is a door cable guide and a guide. I think the guides probably go into the holes on the bulkhead of the dryer to keep the cables from catching when you open the doors. Just speculating. Thanks again.

nevermind

Edited by Anytime Nick

Okay, here is where the suampman got off track. When I got the dryer there were no springs and one cutoff cable. I got the cables and springs and for some dumb reason thought the springs went to the bottom. Apparently they go to the top. Most of the dryer's springs that I have worked on go to the bottom. Not this one. Works good. Thanks.

2 people like this

Domo for letting us know how you fixed it!