Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Maytag Neptune MDG7500AWW Dryer Control Board

mastertech011
Go to solution Solved by RegUS_PatOff,

Hello, I dont come here to bug you too often but I have a quick question regards to a "new" control board I purchased off Ebay (Yeah I know :( )  I purchased this board from Ebay and when recieved I could see the chicken scratches on the pins on the relays where you could see it had been at least installed. I got it for about 60 percent off the cheap price on the net so I could have forgiven that if they just installed it and it didnt fix the problem with the machine they were trying to fix and put it back in the box, but I installed it into my machine to see if it was used and put it into service mode and I saw the cycle count was 211. So it was used for a short time it appears, though 211 loads would not have been a long time, but why was it removed after this amount of time. So I check for codes set in memory and it says Code 6  Non-Vol.mem.err  

That sounds pretty serious if it is a permanent error but I wanted to get your opinion. Should I send it back and get my money back or try to clear the codes and run it through a cycle in my machine? I cant find a copy of the 27 inch dryer repair manual for the Maytag Neptune MDG7500AWW anymore in the stash so I dont even know what that code represents.

Thanks

John

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mastertech011

• RegUS_PatOff

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I dug around my old files and found the manual for this dryer. For you information if you need to find it, it is called 1997 Sloped Front dryer service manual number 16023110

The code is listed as code 6 Non Volatile Memory with a description

"Problem detected with integrity of perameters stored in EEPROM memory" 

It states Remedy Action 

DISREGARD

LOL  Well I guess they are saying its just a glitch

Now I just wonder why this machine was used 6-9 months and then removed

Well I guess Ill let the seller know and work out a resolution there. I may keep it if he offers a nice refund. It was just a backup for the one that is in my machine and currently it works fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting that RegUS and just to update the seller refunded the full purchase price and let me keep the board. Sometimes you find a good seller with integrity on Ebay.